Once you know which course you wish to apply for, download the application forms, to complete electronically, and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post them to:
You should also send in a photocopy of your passport (or birth certificate if you don't have a passport) and any transcripts and certificates for previous study that will qualify you for entry to the programme.
Reference forms can also be downloaded from the course pages above. Send these to your referees and ask them to send their references on to us - we will not contact your referees on your behalf.
Please note that your referees must send their references to us directly - they must not come from you.
If you are an international student, you may also need to submit the following along with your application documents:
- proof of your English language proficiency (see English language requirements below);
- a copy of your visa/any paperwork demonstrating that you have a right to study in the UK;
- evidence of your ability to pay your academic fees.
English language requirements
Most applicants from outside the UK will need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be allowed to study at Cliff College. For Student Visa purposes, you must have achieved English at B2 level no longer than two years before enrolment on your programme of study. The levels required for our academic programmes are slightly higher – please see each programme page for full details.
If you are a national of one of the countries identified by UKVI as majority English speaking, you may not have to provide further evidence of your English language proficiency. See the UKVI's list of majority English-speaking countries. You may already meet the English language requirements if you already hold a degree gained from a UK university, or from any of the majority English-speaking countries on the UKVI's list.
Cliff College currently accepts results from the following English language tests (achieved at the level required by each specific programme):
- IELTS for UKVI
- Pearson PTE Academic UKVI
Please send a scanned copy of your results form with your application. The test score bands of these qualifications compare as follows:
|IELTS overall score||5.5||6||6.5||7||7.5+|
What happens after I apply?
We will email you to confirm that we have received your application. We will let you know if we need anything else from you or if there's anything missing from your application. We will also ask you to prompt your referees to send in their references if these haven't already arrived.
The course leader will then assess your application and do one of the following:
- offer you a place based on your application and qualifications
- ask you to complete an interview and/or a piece of work as part of our non-standard entry process (if you do not quite meet the academic entry criteria but show promise in relevant areas)
- reject your application - this is very rare, and we will always tell you why your application has been rejected.