Cliff College Statement | July 2020
Cliff College is very pleased to announce that we will be open from this summer providing a safe space for learning, refreshment and relaxation. We have been closed since March, except for a small group of residents, and therefore it’s very exciting for us to be able to have people back on the College site.
Our plans for summer and autumn 2020
- In August we are opening for bed and breakfast and are looking forward to welcoming those who want to enjoy the beauty of the Peak District from the special environment of Cliff College.
- In September we are opening to residential students, Cliff Year participants and other residents, and are looking forward to welcoming those who will live as part of the Cliff residential community. We have built on the support currently available through Ali, our Student Welfare Officer, by working with Talk Campus to enhance our student support and mental health support.
- In October we are hoping to open the conference centre and are looking forward to welcoming the wide range of conferences and gatherings which come to Cliff each year.
All our teaching for those on our BA and MA programmes will be available online from September, as we need to both minimise the risk to residential students and enable those who will not be able to come to Cliff to fully engage with their course. Our aim is to ensure that everyone has the appropriate access to teaching and assessment in a safe environment.
We are also launching a series of new online short courses, including some of our most popular courses, part of our Summer School programme and a number of brand new courses.
As only residential students will have full access to the College site before Christmas, we recognise this will be hard for non-residential students. As a College community we need to take care of one another and help each other to stay safe, and restricting access of certain groups of students is an important part of how we can all do that together. In January we are planning to give non-residential students the opportunity to be back on site, and to have a range of BA and MA intensive weeks and a package of short courses available at Cliff.
We are also very conscious of the importance of offering support to all our students.
- Alice, our Student President for 2020-21, will enable all students to be a part of the College community with a range of online and, where possible, face-to-face opportunities.
- Discipleship formation is at the heart of who we are at Cliff, and a variety of discipleship streams will enable the whole College community to be involved.
More information is available from the College reception at 01246 584200. If you are enrolled on any of our courses, you should contact your course administrator with any questions; if you are a conference centre customer, please contact our conference centre directly.
Hiring: Young Evangelism Officer
Cliff is now seeking to appoint to the new role of Young Evangelism Officer within its Evangelism and Mission team.
Study working with young people, children, families and older people at Cliff College
Find out more about our HE Certificates in Mission and Ministry, focused on working with youth, children, families and older people.
Hiring: Recruitment Manager
Cliff College is seeking to appoint a Recruitment Manager to join its staff team at this exciting and challenging time.
A Pilgrimage to the Holy Land with Cliff College and McCabe Pilgrimages
Join us on a ten day pilgrimage to the Holy Land in January 2022. Our trip will include time in Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Galilee.