MA, Diploma and Certificate (full or part time)
The programme in Leadership, Mission, and Ministry is for people who want to think through the nature and practice of leadership in the contexts of church renewal, worship and mission.
It is designed for lay or ordained persons, from all traditions, who are interested in exploring the contemporary challenges to Christian spirituality, church leadership, worship and the ministry of evangelism through the discipline of postgraduate level study and personal research. If you are looking for a programme that brings an emphasis upon the privileges, pressures and challenges facing Christian leaders in the vocation of mission and evangelism today, then this is the programme for you.
There are two main units of study which cover a range of themes:
LMM1: Leadership: Models, Methods and Mission
Main themes include:
- OT/NT perspectives on leadership
- privileges and pressures of church leadership
- models of missional leadership
- emotionally healthy leadership
- historical and contemporary pioneer leaders
- leadership transition in missional movements
- leadership and bureaucracy.
LMM2: Leadership: Revival, Renewal and the Holy Spirit
Main themes include:
- the Bible and charismatic renewal
- the role of the Holy Spirit in leadership
- spiritual gifts and renewal in the Church
- historical and contemporary expressions of 'revival'
- history of Pentecostal/charismatic movements
- Spirit-led evangelism
- prophecy and preaching
Students who successfully complete these units will obtain a Postgraduate Certificate in Mission (Leadership, Mission and Ministry). Students wishing to obtain a Postgraduate Diploma or MA in Mission (Leadership, Mission and Ministry) may take these two units and two other units from the programme, plus a dissertation for the MA.
The LMM2 week was absolutely amazing. Never have I been on a course that has so benefited my ministry. People in my congregations have been commenting on how much it is as though I’ve come back a different person (in a good way).
No doubt, God has been the teacher. I have learnt a lot. It is life-changing. During the course of the lectures I have laughed, sang, been challenged, repented and worshipped God.